Okay, here’s day number two. Unfortunately, my life is boring. Sorry about that! Feel free to watch this video instead and then skip to the bottom. 😉
- 7:45 – 10:30 am – Took kids to school, stayed and helped in daughter’s kindergarten class until 9:30 am. Got home around 10:00 am, hung out with hubby watching YouTube videos of Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. Not sure why. Ate breakfast, made coffee, and ready to write.
- 11:15 am – Wrote for 45 minutes and got in 657 words. Time for a small internet break before picking up my daughter.
- 12:30 pm – Had a picnic lunch with daughter on the front porch bcause…sunshine! Now to catch up on housework that I didn’t do yesterday. Goal for today is to see the bottom of my kitchen sink and to chip away at clean laundry pile in the living room. Also need to wash some whites today and plan dinners for the month. (I don’t always plan meals but when I’m writing a book it helps keep my stress around dinner time at a minimum. I should probably always plan meals, hmm…) Well, time for dishes.
- 1:45 -2:10 – Kitchen is picked up but still not fit for guests. ( haha) Laundry pile has been significantly cut down and managed to catch up on one of my pastors sermons via mp3. After wasting a half hour on Facebook it’s time to write while daughter finishes watching Toy story 3 (bad parenting? I’ll let you decide. haha)
- 2:45 – Movie over, daughter fell down and bumped head and needed some hugs. Now I’m really hungry and about to eat a late lunch. Managed to write 500 more words. Total so far today is 1,162. This is good for me, so far.
- 6:15 – Dinner was Aloo Gobi (potatoes, cauliflower, rice and lots of spices) read with daughter, son is doing homework and hubby is watching a little t.v. before work. Feeling a bit cotton-headed right now. Not sure how much I’ll be able to write during this session, but we’ll see how it goes.
- 6:30 – Only got a few sentences before back and hip made me get out of the office chair. Also, too many disruptions. Decided to wait until after kids go to bed to finish up my word count.
- 9:15– I’m calling it a night. Had some disciplinary issues with one of my kids which kind of drained me a bit. But I did manage to write another 400 words bringing today’s total 1,758.
Total word count so far: 4,036
This number is excellent for me. I wish I could have done more, of course, but I’ll be very happy if I can find a way to maintain this average throughout the month.
See you tomorrow! Also, feel free to ask questions if you have any. 😉